We have comprehensive and effective procedures to monitor the quality of the fuels we supply. Our aim is always to exceed the expectations of our customers through a combination of leadership and proactive, preventative action.
Product quality forms part of our formal quality management system. This covers all our physical fuel operations and is certified to ISO 9001.
By driving continual performance review, our quality management system provides a formalised framework through which to respond to changing customer, industry and statutory requirements. It allows us to share information quickly and effectively with our stakeholders.
As part of the system, we monitor the quality of our fuel at different points in the supply chain and have formal procedures and service level agreements for all our terminal partners.
- We carry out monthly testing for water and microbiological activity on diesel tanks at all the terminals where we store fuel.
- Independent inspectors test our fuel before it is released for loading onto a petrol tanker, to check that it complies with our sales specification and with the relevant quality standard – EN 228 for petrol, BS 7800 for super unleaded, EN 590 for diesel or EN14214 for biodiesel. These test results are published on this web page.
- Any product which we buy into one of our terminals is tested before it enters any of our tanks. We retain product samples.
- Strict procedures are in place to prevent fuel stored in a tank in one of our terminals from being contaminated as a result of incorrect pumping activity (cross-overs).
- We have formal service level agreements with all our terminal operators which cover communication and quality control, so that in the event of an issue we can quickly trace its origin.