Posted: 1st October 2014
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual within in the UK's largest independent oil company.Read more
You must be able to communicate well with external parties such as customers and terminal staff and have an excellent telephone manner. You must be confident and articulate and have an exceptional eye for detail. You must be fast and efficient in word and excel, some knowledge of databases would be useful but not essential. In house training will be provided for all aspects of this role, so a willingness to learn is essential. The role is with a small team and is extremely fast moving and offers great opportunities for career development within the business.
The role is based out of our London office and the successful candidate will report directly into the Senior Commercial Negotiator, and have every day contact with other departments such as trading and middle office.
Purpose of role:
To manage the purchase and sale of fuel supply throughout the UK and monitor against the market fluctuations and to ensure that this is communicated to the business.
Duties of the role:
- Updating the compliance sheets on a daily basis and highlighting significant discrepancies between actual and forecasted lifting's to the commercial team and the business (morning meetings).
- Effective management of the compliance sheets to ensure that costs are kept to a minimum, and gains are obtained where possible.
- Establishing and maintaining a good relationship with Supermarkets and Oil Majors.
- Notifying customers and terminals of any allocations or restrictions as advised by the commercial team and business for contractual, stock and pricing reasons.
- Reconciling weekly and monthly lifting's for invoicing purposes.
- Nominating third party planned lifting volumes to Oil Majors, taking into account full optimisation to ensure that planned volumes are in line with up to date break-evens and contract requirements.
- Ensuring annual compliance sheets are updated and significant non-compliance are communicated with the commercial team.
- Issuing lifting instructions to both the commercial diesel team and to the scheduling team, and ensuring that lifting's are aligned with the instructions.
- Act as the link between the schedulers at Tamworth, the London operators and London traders, for the commercial team.
Skill and knowledge required for the role:
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Detail orientated
- Intermediate/advanced Excel
- Intermediate/advanced Outlook
- Intermediate PowerPoint
- Data entry for use of in house database system (HAL and INV) to/for:
- Entering and amending contracts
- Entering nominations
- Issuing spot sales
- Sanity checking lifting's